Students relocating internationally for education purposes are exempt from tax ID requirements, as well as military personnel relocating internationally on military orders. In lieu of providing a tax ID in the destination country, students have to provide proof of enrollment as a part of their documentation, and military personnel have to provide a copy of their orders. Sensitive information can be redacted. All other shipments for the purpose of relocation need to provide a tax ID as a part of the shipment documentation.

Please review the rest of the documentation needed for a move or relocation shipment in the following article:
-What documents do I need to provide if I’m shipping internationally because I’ve moved?